Thursday, June 23, 2011

Texture Thursday

Hey, HI! Its Texture Thursday once again! yippee do da day!!
Everyone joining me from last week... Welcome back! And, if you're here for the first time, I hope you totally join in on the fun! The whole point of Texture Thursday is to look at photography from a different point of view. Meaning that you can either enter a photo that has texture already in it or add some of your own. If your not quite sure what I mean I give examples HERE
My texture this week is added. I wanted to make this look like I painted it so the first thing I did was blurred the photo in PSE8 and then in the effects tab I used a few different "paint" effects that made it look like it was painted by a paint brush.
wyattatantolopeisland21
I then used this texture I found free on the internet a while ago (I don't remember where.) Its called oil painting. Which gave it a little more paint like texture. I really love how it turned out I think I'm gonna blow it up and put it on canvas.
OilPainting-3
Anyway... The person last week with the MOST "likes" is....
kids-in-tub
I adore, ADORE this photo! I love that its so simple but yet very artistic. The processing is great too!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
------------
 
Now its your turn lets see what Textures you have this week! Don't forget the guidelines for the linky:
  • Link only to your post dedicated to texture Thursday not your main URL.
  • anyone can join in at anytime.
  • Grab my button so others can find the linky and join in the fun too!
  • try to visit others blogs and give some comment love! Because we all love comments. ;)
The Daily Wyatt

9 comments:

  1. I love those textures with excellent results. beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful photo. It really does look like an oil painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that really looks like an oil painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that effect was so perfect for your image. I'm not sure I've ever found the perfect image for it, but you really rocked it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this!!! So cool...I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm ive never used textures before i'll have to try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I just love that photo! It is beautiful and I LOVE your processing! It does look like a painting. Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *GASP* You like me! You really like me! :D ...this just made my day...thanks a super big bunch!

    And I love your editing on this shot - so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.