Monday, January 17, 2011

Playing with Glow Sticks

After I posted the Imagine below I have had a lot of questions on what it is and how I did it. I wasn't going to post anymore of them until Wednesday but oh well here you are.
SONY DSC
This is glow sticks. All I did was break them open and splash them in the inside of the jars. I did maybe 5 per jar just to get a good glow. I put my settings to S1/4 F/7 ISO 200 in the "S" mode (that is on a Sony camera I believe its AV mode on the others... what ever is going to be the best for shutter speed)
*MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TRIPOD or something to keep it from moving.
SONY DSC
I went in and fixed how sharp it would be on the camera by putting it to the highest it could go so I didn't have to edit the jars later so these are all SOOC.  SONY DSC
Wyatt then of course had to come and play with them so I gave him just the sticks to put in and out of the jars and put my Shutter speed to a 1/7 and left the other stuff alone.
SONY DSC
You all should try it out! and let me know if you do I would love to see what you came up with! :) SONY DSC
"Taking a good photo has little to do with the things you see, and everything to do with the way you see them."

25 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. I would never have come up with that. The photos are too cool! And here is yet another argument for buying a tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just spectacular! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! Definitely on my to do list for this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing. Will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to go to the dollar store to get some now! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative! How do you come up with this stuff?? You're such an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay so this is awesome and you're awesome for sharing! When I get time I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm that is awesome! So creative. They just look soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo creative. Thanks for sharing all of your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just stumbled upon your blog...very nice.
    I'm going to follow you, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this! I have to get some at the store now so I can try this too : ) Maybe I will wait until Summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is really a neat idea! Very creative!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME!! Will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, again, really creative. I love the ones w him putting the sticks in & out. They look like they're on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea. Amazing colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome shots! Thanks for the info on how to do it. I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are cool! How long do they stay all glowy like that? They would make fun night lights for The Dudes' rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried this and had so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's a link to one that I posted:

    http://www.strutmystuffphotography.com/1/post/2011/03/day-88-my-dreams-are-bursting-at-the-seams.html

    Kayla Faye
    Struttin' My Stuff Photography
    strutmystuffphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are cool! How long do they stay all glowy like that? They would make fun night lights for The Dudes' rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is really a neat idea! Very creative!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.