Saturday, March 9, 2013

Release me.

colorfestivalcopy5

Oh spring, release me from this coiled and constrained position. Move me swiftly into another world where the light is held on by the warmth and the grass tickles our toes and the clouds puff themselves up to show off their soft corners that need to be touched in just away, that air is the only thing that wont break them.

colorfestivalcopy6Thrust me forward to the days where popsicles melt and sticky fingers are the only way to where them on your hand. Where mud pies are the only pies we can eat and puddles beg to be jumped in.

colorfestivalcopy4Oh spring, spark you magic on the flowers to open their shells. I yearn to watch them bloom. Their soft petals carefully slide open to finally feel the air touch their skin while the rain thirsts to kiss their cheeks.colorfestivalcopy32

Let the birds sing sweetly, eagerly as they dart to and fro. Let the began take place. Let me rise, extend, birth into this new life where growth is just a matter of time.

colorfestivalcopy7Oh spring, release me from this coiled and constrained position. I need to stretch, bend, explode, move on from this winter monotonous routine. I am tired, bored, uninterested of these gloomy days where nothing but hopelessness surrounds us.

colorfestivalcopy31Oh spring where are you? I need, no yet demand that you come and take me where the light is held on by the warmth and the grass will in fact tickle our toes.colorfestivalcopy8

     

**NOTE: The poem I wrote today but these photos are from last years color festival which is coming up at the end of this month. I can not wait to actually get to be apart of it again this year. Hopefully it sparks my creativity again. I will be bringing Wyatt with me this year I hope he has a much fun I as I did last year.**

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Love these photographs, and they work beautifully with the poem, thanks for sharing. I hope you have fun again this year!

    Lillie

    Lillian Spibey Photography

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.