Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A black eye a broken nose and a mild concussion equals out to be a pretty intense softball game.

softball1

 

Baseball, to me, is still the national pastime because it is a summer game.  I feel that almost all Americans are summer people, that summer is what they think of when they think of their childhood.  I think it stirs up an incredible emotion within people.  ~Steve Busby, in Washington Post, 8 July 1974

 

 

Tuesday night Wyatt and I went to Cody’s Softball game. It was a night filled with cursing, fights, a broken nose and a concussion. 

softball

The beginning of the game started off pretty good.

 softball11

Cody got some good hits in…

softball7 softball8

And even covered first base well.

    

Then all of the sudden…

softball4

Mitch who was playing short stop for the first time EVER caught a “grounder” which flipped up smacked him straight in the nose which started bleeding profusely…

softball9

softball10

After more then 10 minutes or so of trying to ice it down to get it to stop bleeding a nurse ( my dad who checked his nose) came to the conclusion that it was broken and that he might also had a mild concussion so he was sent off to the ER.

* I guess he didn't brake the nose just some cartilage and as far as we know there was no concussion.

They continued to play…

After awhile we figured out that the other team was not suppose to be playing in the beginners league they should have been playing in the intermediate/advanced league but some how they ended up in beginners league which of course Cody’s team ended up asking them why.

softball0

 

Which of course lead to words being said between the two teams

Which lead to a lot of cursing

Which then lead to fights between the other team (the catcher from the other team ended up hitting one of Cody's team members which of course the catcher denied even though we ALL saw it!!! and…  I believe that the umpire was friends with the other team because he didn't do anything about that or anything else for that matter shaking my head in DISGUST!) 

Which also lead to fights between Cody’s own team. (Something to do with sportsmanship points)

and after all that…

We lost.

Sigh.

This game was just WAY to intense for being a beginners league game… but you can never go wrong with adding in a little drama now and then. ;)

 

“No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games.  No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games.  It's the other third that makes the difference.”  ~Tommy Lasorda

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's intense! I remember soccer game where I got a ball to my nose once and I held back the tears, but it was so hard. Then later on in the same game it happened again!! I burst out crying and ran off the field (hey I was like 8 lol). haha

    Wyatt is so cute kneeling on the cement barrier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's intense! I remember soccer game where I got a ball to my nose once and I held back the tears, but it was so hard. Then later on in the same game it happened again!! I burst out crying and ran off the field (hey I was like 8 lol). haha

    Wyatt is so cute kneeling on the cement barrier!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.