Monday, December 27, 2010

Once Upon a Christmas...

Before I talk about how Christmas was for us I just want to say that all month long I took Wyatt to a ton of places to see Santa trying to get one good picture of the two of them and finally on Christmas Eve as we visited the Tree House ( a local children's museum.) I got the perfect picture.
It was the most realistic Santa Clause and while I snapped a few shots he started to tickle Wyatt which Wyatt adored.
Thank goodness for this Santa! I hope he is the same one they get next year!
plus he actually talked to Wyatt and asked if he was a good boy and what he wanted unlike the others I had to prompt them to do that but each time they asked or I asked Wyatt replied saying he wanted Buzz.
So of course we had to make sure that he got one.
SONY DSC                        
As Christmas EVE came to a close Wyatt and I put out cookies and "rice" milk (since Wyatt is allergic to milk)
We also wrote a letter to him thanking him in advance for the presents.
SONY DSC
And as I wrapped the last present and placed it under the tree I stood back and thought how amazing it was to be in this moment I dreamed of for years. The moment that my child was old enough to be excited to wake up in the morning... to be enthralled with Christmas magic... I  sat there in silence as I looked at the tree one last time then stood up turned out the light excited like I was years ago to see what Christmas morning would bring...  
SONY DSC
Wyatt woke up at 7am ran into our room saying "momma trismas!!" I woke up daddy and we slowly walked out to the living room making sure that Wyatt stayed behind us so we could get the cameras together before we let him in.
SONY DSC
Once we gave him the okay he ran in stared at the tree then ran over to see if Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk. He was happy to see that Santa left him a note too plus he left some of the cookies for him! (because the night before he was worried that he wouldn't get to have a cookie. so he was thrilled that he had one left.)
SONY DSC

He then dug into his stocking... pulling out little gifts and candy then proceeded to the presents.  
SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                         
A Buzz blanket and pillow... A firehouse with wooden fireman... Then finally the gift he was waiting for.
He ripped off the wrapping paper and couldn't believe his eyes...
SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                         
Was it? It couldn't be! "Buzz" he screamed! 
SONY DSC                       SONY DSC
"Ooooooo... Yes!" he kept saying as he pressed all the buttons.  SONY DSC
Needless to say we had an amazing Christmas...
How was yours?
SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                        
sweetshotbutton trendybuttonhome

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely series of photos. Yes, that was the perfect looking Santa, and what really made me laugh is that you have the same gingerbread house kit that we used down here in NZ! (Which we decorated incredibly badly I should add). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cheese face on Santa's lap! Your boy is so cute! What special pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh... that is the most adorable Santa picture I've seen.... TOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wrinkled nose look is sooo stinking cute. I am voting for it for sure. I loved Wyatt's Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that Santa picture!!! Incredible... You need to find him next year.

    Loved all the other ones too. Oh, the joys of childhood.

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas looks absolutely wonderful and that really is a great Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute. i love that last photo. he is so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so precious!!!! So glad he had a delightful Christmas!!! Ours was amazing too!

    Happy New Year!
    Jill
    http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious photos!!! I just love them all!!! Would you mind sharing the lens and settings you used for your photos? I am a newbie and I need all the help that I can get. Thanks a bunch!!

    Malinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness...SO cute! What a cute little personality you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cheese face with Santa! Too darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a precious picture with Santa and adorable letter! Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGoodness...SO cute! What a cute little personality you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cheese face on Santa's lap! Your boy is so cute! What special pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.