Saturday, May 1, 2010

What’s better money or time?

 

Living in Utah you can suddenly experience every type of weather in ONE day and that just what happened on Thursday.

As I was driving to Midvale for my first ever meeting as a team lead I got lost.

I am the type of person who doesn't really pay enough attention to the signs or really any thing at that matter when I drive you can ask the thousands of cops who have pulled me over for pretty much everything.

Knowing that I am a terrible at driving I try to leave as early as I can especially when driving long distant. I have to plan in knowing I will in fact get lost every time.

When I was on the freeway I got stuck behind a semi and just as I was trying to manoeuvre around him a huge snow storm suddenly hits. No this is not a joke a random snow storm did hit and now I am stuck behind this semi whose tires are splashing huge amounts of snow onto my windshield I'm in the wrong lane and I cant see a thing.

The road splits off… one way to I-15 the other onto legacy highway which I didn't realize that happened for about 5 minutes or so and now I am headed the wrong direction.

Here I am trying to get to the most important meeting of my life (or in my “career.”) which starts in less then a half hour and I have no idea where I am.

Great.

I call Cody which of course gets me the groans and Gees Audrey why do you always get lost? See I told you we should of gotten that GPS.

yeah yeah yeah… I get it I'm a terrible driver just tell me where to go!

After many calls between the two of us (which I call him back after I end up passing each exit he tells me to take.) I ended up just getting off at some random exit which takes me to state street in SLC I then get back onto the freeway heading north when I was suppose to head south not thinking I panicked call Cody again.

His reaction was very different this time. Angrily he had to tell me how to get off freeway turn around and get back on.  but all I kept thinking was I have 15 minutes to get to Midvale and I don't think I'm going to make it.

As I finally drove up to the store and parked. (I made it with about 5 minutes to spare how I did that I will never know.)

Then this random thought came over me I'm taking this job that will take me away from Wyatt a lot more then I want.

Can I handle that?

Will I be able to handle that?

As I got out of the car I realized that I am walking into this not knowing if this is truly the best thing for my son.

You just have to do what you can regardless if it breaks your heart in the process.

Right?

sigh…

I already miss him and the time we had together…

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.