Wednesday, June 16, 2010

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”- Roger Caras

                  Rest In Peace

PawHe is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill

 

Today Paw  our dog was put down.

He was a dog that Cody and I rescued {even though we couldn't have dogs in our apartment so Cody's parents were kind enough to take him in.}

His life started out bad. As far as I know he was living with a family who kept him on a tiny balcony with  barely any food or water and he would have to relief him self on that same tiny balcony which made him sleep in his own faeces.

My sister Lacinda who lived below this family asked one day if she could take him and they gladly gave him up. While in her care he ran away a few times and was accidently hit by 2 cars on 2 different occasions.

One day as when we were at my moms house Lacinda left paw and Cody decided that we needed to take him in to make sure that he was well taken care of. We asked my sister she agreed and that is how we came to owning Paw.

He had problems stemming from the abuse he had in the early years of life such as bowel problems and very poor eye sight but despite these problems he was a loving kind well manner dog. he loved to chase his tail and sleep cuddled close to Rulan ( Cody's dad.) He would also LICK everything! The floor, the couch, the TV what ever he could reach. it was hillours.

I am glad that Paw got to be truly loved at the end of his years and I appreciate all that Cody’s parents did for him they made his life worth living.

 

See ya later Paw we all love you.

 

"A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered." -Lacie Petitto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.