Friday, July 23, 2010

“You've got to trust your instinct and let go of regret.”

Last night Cody and I left Wyatt with the babysitter grandma and went out on a date. But this date wasn’t the ordinary lets go out to eat and see a movie date it was the Annual lets go to the 311 concert type of date.

311 is Cody’s favorite band which of course become one of mine.
Every year they come to Usana amphitheatre in Utah and every year we go.
The weather was perfect not to hot with a slight breeze and the clouds were absolutely gorgeous.

This year had I think the most people show up then any other year before.

 

I believe it was because they went on tour with The Offspring. I have never seen The Offspring in concert before and I think they did an amazing job  I knew a lot of the songs they played which is always a plus then that way I can sing along. ;)

311f

As the sun started to set and the crowd grew bigger and bigger it began to sprinkle and I thought oh great we are gonna get rained on the entire time.

311

but only sprinkled long enough for this to happen.

 

Isn’t it beautiful? It makes you stop and think how amazing this world is… W O W!

just as I sat and started to marvel at the awesome sunset…

311 began their concert.

311c

I have been to a lot of their concerts and this one seemed I don’t know just better I some how lost my self into the music and let go I allowed it to move me like it never has done before and stress just melted away I was literally in a blissful state.

I sung until I had no voice, my body moved in ways that it hasn’t done since I was a teenager when all I did was go to SKA concerts and I felt like I was back their again so care free and young.
I was the happiest I have been in a long time…

311b 

I didn’t worry about Wyatt or work or well anything.

As it come to a close I was in a totally different type of state then I was when I first arrived it was like nothing matter none of the responsibilities, none of the anxiety I have about my dirty house, bills, taking care of a husband and a toddler and dealing with work and anything and everything else it was all gone.

311a

I was completely refreshed, new, amazed and care free

It was the best date I have been on in YEARS!

 

Here is some video I took of the show.

*Don’t mind my off key singing and sorry about the camera shaking sometimes my hand was either tired and I needed to move it or I was getting bummed by the stupid girl next to me

newfriend 

<----- Make some new friends here.

 

ChickadeeButton

13 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm over from theGirlCreative, and have to say you take really amazing pictures! Have a great weekend! Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Came over from Friendly Friday. I'm a new follower. Looks like the concert was a blast! And as for choosing a pic in the post below... yeah right! They all look fabulous! Maybe I'll come back during nap time and look closer to narrow it down! :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog this morning ~ am now a follower of yours too! looks like a great concert!

    Have a wonderful weekend :O)

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    http://nauticalcottageblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! Because I'm loving your blog...I'll enjoy following :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Chickadee! Love your blog and the latest post! You take brilliant photos...just amazing :)

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are just amazing, amazing photos...especially the skyscapes!

    I’m following you now on Follow Me, Chickadee, Friday! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos...Love the colors! Sounds like it was an uber fabulous date night! :> I've hopped my way here from The Girl Creative, New Friend Friday. I'm glad I did...off to look at what else it on here! :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....that sky during the concert is phenomenal! So glad you had a good time and were able to be there without worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow and WOW! Your pics are AMAZING! You're right, the clouds are SO cool and the sky so blue! Great shots! Sounds like you had an awesome night. I haven't been to a concert in years. I think it was Alanis Morrisette in 1999 when I lived in Boca Raton - LOL! :-) I need to get out more, don't I? :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog this morning ~ am now a follower of yours too! looks like a great concert!

    Have a wonderful weekend :O)

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    http://nauticalcottageblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic photos...Love the colors! Sounds like it was an uber fabulous date night! :> I've hopped my way here from The Girl Creative, New Friend Friday. I'm glad I did...off to look at what else it on here! :>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.