Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Village

Wyatt and I visited our local Christmas Village in down town Ogden the other day. I went there because I wanted to do the traditional "visit Santa and sit on his lap trip" but the line was huge and I didn't want to wait. so we just looked at the lights. Plus every year they set up  little windows houses filled with different Christmas themes.
SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                         SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                        
Now while we were there we ended up running into a man who dressed up as a Santa but had a cowboy Santa hat on instead. Once Wyatt saw him he ran up to him and pulled on his red jacket and kept saying "Santa! Santa!" until the nice man looked at Wyatt and proceeded to play along. I ended up taking a picture but it turned out awful and I refuse to show it. (I need to figure out how to take better pictures at night. I used my cameras flash because I couldn't see them and it turned that picture into a hot mess. ugh...)
SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                           SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                         SONY DSC                         SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                        
Wyatt walked the whole way through and enjoyed every minute of it. (well at least until he peed his pants. I need to remember to take him to the potty. oops.)
SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC
SONY DSC
It was a great time anyway. I think I am going to go back there and stand in that line so I can get that classic picture of Wyatt sitting on Santa's lap. I am determined to have one this year!!
(any tips to take a good picture in awful light? keep in mind I don't have any other lens besides my kit one or any flash beside my on camera one. those things are expensive!)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun - as for shooting in low light like that, I tend to try to meter off of whatever light I do have and hike up my ISO. It's tricky...that's for sure. I screwed up a lot of pictures last year because I didn't know what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love LOVE all the festivity in these shots!!! (festivity?) Anyway...gorgeous pics, so creative, love the colors...and I'm totally stealing your pine cones in the snow shot - oh yes indeed. ;-) Just kidding! (Maybe). ;-)
    Have a great one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! Looks like a super festive night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a great time. There are some very nice displays put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. Looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a great time. There are some very nice displays put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.