So the other day I took Wyatt out to play at the local train station but little did he know that it was my secret plan to turn this "fun time" into a mini session.
I take a billion photos of Wyatt but I never take ones that I can give out to family and hang on my walls (well some of the others I would hang on my walls but you know what I mean right?) So after a looong nap and a goood lunch we headed off to the train station.
Wyatt was all smiles until I pointed my camera in his face.
"ugh mom no camera!!"
Which I don't blame him because who wants a camera in their face 24/7
so I had to use my tricks...
But first the key word is PATIENTS PATIENTS PATIENTS...
- Talk to him about what he did that day or the day before.
- Talk about his favorite show/toy/color etc.
- Sing embarrassing songs
- Make silly faces at him
- pick your nose to get a laugh (seriously works every time.)
- look him in the face while your talking to him but keep snapping photos this way he thinks your not taking pictures.
- Put him on top of things so he's "super tall" or let him hold a rock or something else.
- let him explore and snap candid photos.
- have a couple of time outs and just play with him
- when all else fails pay $1 per smile. (but then you will have to take photos of the dollar "Sheesh mom."- rolls his eyes)
Never can go wrong with more tips! :)