Thursday, March 22, 2012

I spent the day blowing bubbles.

I spent the day blowing bubbles with Wyatt, hiking, park hopping and spending time with the husband and good friends and while I was doing all this I was reminded about the other day at 4 in the morning when I had a thought…

I was blankly staring at the TV screen as my mind raced with the worries I have regarding work and a thought came to my mind that hit me with a ton of bricks.


benchtakeadventure1bubbles3adventure3adventure13bubbles1

“I should take more vacations.” simple, right? nothing profound. The thing is, is I have said this to myself a lot. But for one reason or another that night at 4 in the morning it rang true. so true it made me stop in my tracks.


adventure11adventure5adventure12adventure7benchtake1bubblesadventure10adventure8adventure9


I turned off the TV went to bed and when I woke up the next day, the first thought I had was…

“I should really take more vacations. like the good long kind.”

And as I was filing paper work, answering this email, hearing about that problem. I kept saying to myself over and over…

“Man, I really should take more vacations.”


adventure6bubbles5adventure4bubbles4adventure2bubbles2

By the end of my day, out of the blue, I received a text message from my mom that stated…

“Dad was able to get vacation time for June for the Zion trip. Everyone should come!” 

and I replied with a simple “I’m there.”

And not only did I say yes to that trip. I have said yes to the spontaneous day adventures with friends, family and of course my son.

because man, I should take more vacations even if its just to spend a day blowing bubbles with my son.


3 comments:

  1. yes...well the thing is this life is whizzing past us whether or not we take time to enjoy it or spend it with those we love. It's a good thing when you realize that and pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are coming on the Zion's trip! It will be just like old times on our family vacations. And you are for sure right- we should all take more vacations. I love you Audge and I love seeing you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a day spent outdoors and blowing bubbles sounds pretty close to perfect--I think I know what I'm going to be doing with Sammy today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.