Monday, January 3, 2011
This is #2 of the 365 Days In Pictures I will be doing this year. I love this picture but hated that it was dark and had a ton of clutter around him and Bud. I knew that this would be a challenge in its self to make it how I wanted it but I was willing to take on that challenge.
I first cleaned up the photo (contrast levels etc...) Then I added the summer vintage action to lighten his skin tone then I tackled the clutter. I used the clone tool and the spot healing tool. I am not that good at doing it because the tiles were not lining up. So to hide that I added 2 or 3 different textures and lowered the opacity to my liking. sharpened it and then cleaned up the noise and was finished. (did all of that in PSE 8)
It took me about an hour to figure it all out but I am over the moon happy with it because it turned out to be what I wanted.