So 18 months ago my sister left for her LDS mission to Detroit Michigan and she is finally coming home Wednesday.
Before she went on her mission we all speculated what our families future would be like when she came home. Who would be married, who would have another kid. Who would stay together with their boyfriends/husbands and who wouldn't...
Little did we know that it would turn out completely different then what we thought.
We thought my sister Breanne would be married to her long time boyfriend when he got back from his mission. Stasis: not together.
We thought I would have another kid or at least be pregnant or divorced (we were having issues as you all know). Stasis: NOT PREGO and no new baby and STILL married and HAPPY! WHOOP WHOOP!
We thought my sister Janae would be close to marrying her long time boyfriend. Stasis: broke up with him with a new guy now who is most likely the ONE (he just hasn't asked yet.)
- We didn't know that my brother would get married and actually CHANGE his life around.
- We didn't know that we'd have a falling out with one of our sisters and not talk/see her.
- We didn't know that my other sister Rachel would break up with her baby daddy and move out and become so successful at her job
- We didn't know that my sister's (who we had the falling out with) kid would be diagnosed with some form of atheism
- We didn't know that my sister Breanne would become this outgoing outspoken travel manic person plus MOVE out of our parents house. - BIG DEAL
- We didn't know that our last living grandparent would die (miss you grandma)
- We didn't know that my cousins baby would die
- We didn't know that I would discover my love of photography and become so successful at it.
- We didn't know that I would stop being a weekend working momma to running a whole shoe department and work 40+ hours (plus do photography plus be a momma plus be a wife and keep my house clean. ugh)
- We didn't know that my hubby would be promoted and transferred TWICE at his job.
- We didn't know what Wyatt would be like, how he would sound, how he'd be so smart...
- We didn't know that my mom would need back surgery.
- We didn't know that my dad would have some major issues with his toe which would require a pick line.
- We didn't know that my Sister Alisha or excuse me "Sister Corbridge" would become this successful (skinny) outgoing missionary.
- We didn't know that as a family we would have had a BUNCH of up hill battles and a ton more down hill ones. We didn't know that we would have grown together like we did, we laughed, cried, hated each other, loved each other more and become so much more as a family then the year before.
I have missed you Alisha and I cant wait to see you on Wednesday.Tweet